WASABI ICE CREAM: anyone ever tried it?

I came across a recipe and though it looked interesting. Is it meant to be a savory ice cream served with the meal or a dessert. It does have a little sugar in it.

asked by Cuoca Marchisio over 7 years ago

Not yet, but I'm working on a couple of wasabi sorbets I didn't have time to finish in time for the recent contest. We'd love to see what your ideas are.

gingerroot

Last night I tried making fresh horseradish ice cream - I haven't had a chance to really taste it yet, but I'm thinking it could work with a big roast or steak. @boulangere, wasabi sorbet sounds really interesting!

I'll post them as soon as they're done - hopefully this weekend. I can picture horseradish ice cream outside on the lawn of a summer's evening, over a perfectly seared steak - ooooh!

Actually, gingerroot, it will probably be early in the week. I've just got to make Amanda's Olive OIl Gelato first!

ALittleZaftig

Yes, ate it in Japan. Kicky and delicious. I ate is as part of a composed dessert with a kaiseki meal. I would up the sugar in the recipe if it has just a little.