A question about a recipe: Louisa's Cake

251ea3fb bebc 4b20 bc02 c3a1e935504f  2016 0309 italian lemon ricotta cake for easter james ransom 041

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Louisa's Cake" from SML Office. It says:

"Cream the butter and sugar in a standing mixer until light and fluffy."
Can you use a non springform pan? Am keen to try but worried I don't have the right pan. If I butter and line a pan with paper, will it still be ok? Am a cake novice! Thanks

asked by LloJo over 7 years ago

The springform makes the cake easier to remove. I haven't made the cake, but it sounds like the texture is a bit pudding-y. You could make it in a regular cake pan--butter it well, line it with parchment and butter the parchment. You may not be able to turn it out, though; you may just have to serve it from the pan. (Which is fine in my book.)

zoomorphic

I used a normal pan and lined the bottom. It came out beautifully with no stuck edges.