🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Louisa's Cake

251ea3fb bebc 4b20 bc02 c3a1e935504f  2016 0309 italian lemon ricotta cake for easter james ransom 041

I have a question about step 6 on the recipe "Louisa's Cake" from SML Office. It says:

"Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn the cake out of the pan and cool completely on the rack. Sift powder sugar over top or serve with your favorite seasonal fruit." I've just made this and it was super easy and super delicious. Trouble is, there's only two of us. Do you think I can freeze it successfully? If so, how? Thanks picklers!

asked by LloJo over 6 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I don't know for certain, but my guess is yes. Tightly wrap with plastic wrap twice, then with foil (how I usually wrap any cake I want to freeze.) Worst case is it doesn't work, and you'll learn something from it!

05667901 1124 4aa7 9b63 09e277840442  dsc04589

I think it would freeze nicely...I'm interested to know if it needs to be refrigerated if you're planning on eating it within a week....

In the end there was no need to freeze - it's Tuesday evening, most of it has gone (!) and it's still really moist (3 days later). I didn't refrigerate it - I kept it in a tin on a piece of greaseproof paper. I reckon it's still got at least three days left before it even begins to go dry, but mine *was* quite moist to begin with, for some reason.