wild mustard greens from the fields

I have never cooked or eaten mustard greens but the fields and hills are bursting with it. Can you just pick wild mustard greens to eat? Is there anything special to look for?

asked by Pat E. in SLO over 7 years ago

Yes, you can, as long as you are certain of their identification. They're very peppery when eaten fresh, but the intensity breaks down a bit when braised. To offset the bite, try braising them in some olive oil, garlic, and maybe Jack Daniels. Then serve them with pork or bison, which have a natural sweetness to them. Lucky you!

@boulangere. That sounds wonderful.