Uses for frozen peaches

Love Pie has a great question around peaches for Passover and love the recipes. I have peaches I froze last summer. Any recipe ideas? Thanks in advance.

• Posted by: SKK
  • April 13, 2011

Sam1148 April 13, 2011

@SKK that's going to be a tough one. As freezing changes the texture.
Ice cream would be first choice. And maybe yogurt.
They may be too watery for good peach cobbler...but you could try that. Maybe in a smaller version like a tart.

Ohh..I think those could work very well in a Terriyaki sauce mashed up, and thickened. brushed on chicken kabobs, with green onions between the chicken. That would store very well too.

Panfusine
Panfusine April 13, 2011

make a peach granita or shaved ice out of it, crush in a food processor (with alcohol if preferred) & refreeze. scrape with a fork & spoon into a glass for a wonderful springtime snack!

Ophelia
Ophelia April 13, 2011

If you thaw them and reduce the excess liquid to a syrupy consistency (with the help of a little sugar and perhaps some arrowroot powder) a cobbler or pie works out fine. I'm rather partial to peach smoothies though.

hardlikearmour April 13, 2011

Thaw and use in a peach crisp. Add to fruit smoothies.

vvvanessa
vvvanessa April 14, 2011

frozen peaches (you don't even need to thaw them first) work great in cobblers either alone or paired with some frozen (or fresh) berries.

i second the smoothie idea. particularly when used with almond milk.

they would also make for a great compote to go along with pancakes or french toast or a pork chop.

CarlaCooks
CarlaCooks April 14, 2011

Peach lassi! Just blend 1 1/2 c yogurt, 1/2 cup milk, 1 1/2 c frozen peaches, and 2 tablespoons of sugar. A dash of rose water would also be nice in the lassi.
You could also make an alcoholic drink: blend 1 c peaches, 1/2 c rum, 1/2 simple syrup (to taste, depending on how sweet your peaches are), and some ice cubes. Enjoy your peaches, whatever you do with them!

CookOnTheFly
CookOnTheFly April 14, 2011

Take the easy route. Take some of them and throw them in the blender with all the mixings for a good margarita. Enjoy!