Has anyone ever roasted unsalted dried peanut in the shell. To give them salty goodness in the shell?

I just received 5 pounds of unsalted Virgina Peanuts. I want to roast them with various flavors.
But first a test run with simple brine and seasonings. How long do you let them soak? And what's the best roasting technique so the salt/brine/flavors get into the shell to flavor the peanuts? To clarify, these in the shell peanuts. I don't want to shell and then roast them.

I don't know a specific answer to your question but thought this recipe might contain some relevant info for you: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

I did a test run tonight.
I used a brine..some cajun seasonings. Additional paprika, garlic.
I used the canister of food saver..to vac the brine into shells. Let that sit about 2 hours.
Then put on a wire rack and low cooked 350...for one hour.

Then I messed up. I cranked up the heat for another 30 mins and they turned out far to toasty. Kinda burned really. Bad me..I got too impatient. The flavoring was 'okay' but I think it needs far more salt than I'm used too for brining other things. Maybe a longer soaking and a slower drying then roasting? (it's a work in progress for me, and that's what's fun!).

I'll keep trying in small batches. My ultimate goal to make a lime, ginger, salt, white pepper, infused roasted peanut inspired by the "Thai Kettle Chips" you can find at Whole Foods (plug). And then pickle juice, salt roasted peanuts when I save up some more pickle juice.

MER
MER

Sam,

I know this post is 3 years old but, I am wondering if you ever made progress with the vacuum technique? Just started playing with roasting in the shell and fond this post. Very little info on salted in-shell roasting. Please get back on any progress.
Thanks.