Making a New York Style Cheesecake for passover-delicious! The filling calls for adding 1 TB flour. how to substitute or can I omit it?

Ingredients: For the filling:
Five 8-ounce packages Philadelphia-brand cream cheese, room temperature
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
1 large egg yolk
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon unbleached all purpose flour

asked by Eydie Desser over 7 years ago

Add an extra egg yolk. The color will be even more beautiful, and the texture so silky. And don't ever make it with flour!

prettyPeas

I agree with boulangere, the texture of cheesecake is significantly silkier without a binder like flour. If you want a firmer cheesecake I would imagine something like tapioca starch would work--I know it does for my non-cheesecake custards.