🔕 🔔

Teff?

On a whim at the natural foods store, I bought a bag of teff, figuring I'd use it like flax seed in bread, two or three tablespoons full tossed in to a multigrain dough. Got back to the office and was perusing other potential recipes; found one for a "polenta" style teff porridge that looked good. Any other ideas out there? I can't do injera, as it's the whole (albeit tiny) grain and not teff flour. I'm anxious to try this new (to me) grain!

asked by Kayb about 6 years ago
39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Love the stuff! Simmered with milk or water, it melts into a lovely, flavorful Cream of Wheat-like porridge (and even my serious steak-loving boyfriend requests it for dinner now). Brownish red teff is a bit nuttier tasting than white. You could also sub it in for poppy seeds in muffins or tea cakes for texture.