Can one grind small amounts of amarynth flour from seeds?

Received a lovely gift tonight of many different types of whole grains. Many recipes calling for amarynth use the flour and not the seed, which I have. Can I grind my own flour in small batches?

asked by jwlucas over 6 years ago

I have not tried amarynth and have ground my own buckwheat successfully. I first had to roast the grain and then ground it in my Vita-Mix dry container. Am sure a coffee grinder would have worked also. Have had great luck with that making almond flour from nuts.

In the coffee grinder. (Praying for the edit function to return on Hotline.)

I have used a small coffee grinder (Braun) to make flax meal and even mustard powder from the seeds. Try it!

jwlucas

Thanks!