🔕 🔔

Can one grind small amounts of amarynth flour from seeds?

Received a lovely gift tonight of many different types of whole grains. Many recipes calling for amarynth use the flour and not the seed, which I have. Can I grind my own flour in small batches?

asked by jwlucas almost 6 years ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

I have not tried amarynth and have ground my own buckwheat successfully. I first had to roast the grain and then ground it in my Vita-Mix dry container. Am sure a coffee grinder would have worked also. Have had great luck with that making almond flour from nuts.

In the coffee grinder. (Praying for the edit function to return on Hotline.)

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

I have used a small coffee grinder (Braun) to make flax meal and even mustard powder from the seeds. Try it!

5ba86c99 9458 4f29 aba0 0796577d2cea  jwl 001

Thanks!