Does anyone have any idea why there is no 3/4 size in dry measuring cups?

asked by TiggyBee about 8 years ago

Kayb

H'mm. I have two sets of dry measuring cups, one metal and one plastic. Both have a 3/4 cup size. Go figure!

There are. I have a set that includes one, too. (And a 2/3 cup.) ;o)

TiggyBee

What brand are they? I definitely need a new set then! Thanks so much!! : )

melissav

Williams Sonoma sells an odd size cup and spoon set from All Clad - http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/all-clad-stainless-steel-measuring-cups-and-spoons/?pkey=e%7Cmeasuring%20cups%7C6%7Cbest%7C0%7C1%7C24%7C%7C4&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH||NoFacet-_-NoFacet-_-NoMerchRules

TiggyBee

Thanks everyone and Melissa thanks too for the link!

bella s.f.

I have a plastic set that has a 2/3 C. and a 3/4 C. Really handy. I found mine at Cost Plus. Definitely not Williams Sonoma prices.

TiggyBee

Thanks for the tip Bella!

Assuming that you have cups that measure 1/2 and 1/4 cup for dry ingredients, just use those and turn everything into a larger vessel for pouring. But in dry measure, about 6 oz. European measurments are more precise, as they are metric---even if their stoves are devilish.

Sipa

Tupperware's set also has 2/3 and 3/4 plus their measuring spoons include 1/8 and 1 1/2 tsp measures.

TiggyBee

Thanks Pierino for the metric lesson and the chuckle about the stoves!! : )

bella s.f.

Hi TiggyBee,

Have you been able to find what you are looking for?

TiggyBee

I did Bella, thanks!! Thanks everyone for their input. Much appreciated!