🔕 🔔

Is it appropriate to serve a side choice of just chopped hard boiled egg yolk, or whites & yolk combined as accompaniment to smoked salmon?

asked by willowvalleyite almost 7 years ago

Bb911bcd 2446 4d8f 848f cdc2090e999a  leaf cake

I have seen both chopped yolk and a mixture of chopped yolk and egg white served with smoked salmon; and also with a little chopped chive mixed in.

I chop the whole egg. Tzatziki is a tasty and untradtional condiment to serve with smoked salmon (having nothing whatsoever to do with chopped egg).

I believe so. What comes to mind is an old french salmon recipe called "Coulibiac" that calls for boiled eggs cut in quarters. It is a great flavoring compoment to this recipe which is basically a salmon, mushroom, rice, onion and parsly ansd boiled egg turnover made with broiche.

Oh yah and ar the tradional accompaniments to serving a smoked salmon.