why am I not able to upload photos to go with my recipe submissions?

I'd like to know what I am doing wrong.

asked by blanka.n about 7 years ago

I've had the same problem now and then, but not consistently. Every now and then a photo just won't load, and I've never understood why. Until one of the resident geniuses at food52 chimes in, the best I could suggest is that you try a different photo.

Can you let us know what kind of error message you're getting? And do you know what the file size is of your photos? Let us know and we'll look into this. Thanks!

vvvanessa

when i've had trouble uploading a photo, i've resized it to be smaller, and that's worked, though sometimes i've had to play around with the sizes a little bit.

Anything over 2 MB probably won't make it through, so vvvanessa is right -- down-sizing would be the way to go. You can do this on Flickr or in programs like iPhoto or Picasa.