🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Chocolate Bundt Cake

649ecb61 6487 41f5 9c81 eaae56545b24  2017 0601 chocolate bundt cake bobbi lin 27353

I have a question about step 4 on the recipe "Chocolate Bundt Cake" from KelseyTheNaptimeChef. It says:

"Then, pour the batter into the bundt pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Allow to cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Then, dust with powdered sugar and serve."

When cooling, when do I take the cake out of the pan to cool? Immediately? After some amount of time? Looking forward to trying this! lbk

asked by lbk over 6 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

When it's cool enough to touch -- because you have to hold it a bit to unmold it (check out the accompanying slideshow on the right side of the recipe page). At least 30 minutes after it comes out of the oven.

Cef49d72 d554 46db a888 e97e0311e08e  cimg0737

I have made this cake twice (it is really fabulous!), and I have waited each time until the pan was cool enough to handle before I unmolded the cake (probably about 20 or 30 minutes). Each time, the cake was still on the warm side, though not steaming hot.

7d6f1c7c 61b9 4b07 86e4 dbd4b1caeb8d  coopers

I made the mistake of unmolding the cake too early, and it was so moist and warm that it broke somewhat as I flipped it out. Recommend letting the cake cool and set up a little.