I seized chocolate but don't want to throw it out. Is there a recipe I can use that won't matter that the chocolate seized? I won't bother bringing it back, just want to use the chocolate in a recipe (fudge?)
Thanks!

asked by NYCNomNom almost 8 years ago

TiggyBee

You can use it in any recipe that calls for chocolate to be blended with a liquid, so if your fudge recipe calls for melting chocolate with milk, then add the seized chocolate to the milk and melt or you can always use it for a chocolate sauce. I hate when that happens, good luck!!

Christina Ward

Tiggy's answer is good. You could chop it into chips/chunks and save it for cookies or brownies.

halfasiangirl

I did this a few months ago, so frustrating! I used it to make chocolate pudding -- my go-to recipe is by Scharffenberger. I recommend lots of freshly whipped cream.

vvvanessa

the remedy for seized chocolate is a little counter-intuitive: you have to add in a little more butter, cream, or oil a teaspoon at a time, and continue to whisk until smooth. it won't work as a smooth, pretty glaze, but you can for sure use it in a sauce or frosting or for fondue.

Ophelia

Make it into ganache and eat it with cookies or mixed into warm drinks.

You'll Want to Eat These Soy Sauce Eggs with Everything

Game changed.

Momofuku's Famed Soy Sauce Eggs

From filling salads to warming soups, we've got you covered.

Easy Lunch Ideas

A weeknight slam dunk.

Miso Butter Skillet Chicken

Get Set for the Best

And why Sunday is, hands down, the best day of the week.

American Expat Life in Paris