I seized chocolate but don't want to throw it out. Is there a recipe I can use that won't matter that the chocolate seized? I won't bother bringing it back, just want to use the chocolate in a recipe (fudge?)
Thanks!

TiggyBee
TiggyBee September 30, 2010

You can use it in any recipe that calls for chocolate to be blended with a liquid, so if your fudge recipe calls for melting chocolate with milk, then add the seized chocolate to the milk and melt or you can always use it for a chocolate sauce. I hate when that happens, good luck!!

Christina Ward
Christina Ward September 30, 2010

Tiggy's answer is good. You could chop it into chips/chunks and save it for cookies or brownies.

halfasiangirl
halfasiangirl October 1, 2010

I did this a few months ago, so frustrating! I used it to make chocolate pudding -- my go-to recipe is by Scharffenberger. I recommend lots of freshly whipped cream.

vvvanessa
vvvanessa October 1, 2010

the remedy for seized chocolate is a little counter-intuitive: you have to add in a little more butter, cream, or oil a teaspoon at a time, and continue to whisk until smooth. it won't work as a smooth, pretty glaze, but you can for sure use it in a sauce or frosting or for fondue.

Ophelia
Ophelia October 2, 2010

Make it into ganache and eat it with cookies or mixed into warm drinks.