Baking with sprouted spelt...

Have any of you all baked with sprouted grains before? I just bought some sprouted spelt flour, and though the package says you can just use it in place of flour, I question that a little. So, I was wondering if anyone had experience or recommendations regarding tweaking to make sure it works. I'm particularly interested in using it for things like scones or quick breads.

Emily is a trusted source on Scandinavian Cuisine.

asked about 7 years ago

A little over a week ago this question was asked, there are some very good answers
http://www.food52.com/foodpickle...

fiveandspice
fiveandspice

Thanks. I did see that, and it is helpful, but I am also wondering how much of a difference there is between baking with regular spelt flour versus sprouted spelt, regarding things like quantities, baking times, texture etc.

See if this website might help. I have never baked with sprouted spelt but am intrigued.
http://www.organicsproutedflour...

Sprouting converts starches to sugars, so perhaps the sprouted flour has a sweeter taste. It also makes nutrients more bioavailable. Experimenting should be safe and satisfying. Use experience and judge the dough's appearence.