🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Pommes Dauphinoise (Potatoes au Gratin)

8eb9b905 0972 4c5e 854a f51607c89820  pommes 2

When I saw your answer I realized I asked the wrong question. What I meant to ask is how much in advance (before baking) can you prepare this and should you stop before adding the milk? Thanks!

asked by galsmu over 6 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

You really shouldn't assemble this too far ahead of time without cooking it, as the potatoes will oxidize and discolor. If you want, you can cook it almost all the way through, then cool, cover and refrigerate. Return to room temp before finishing/reheating in the oven.