EMU BIRD

2eda3379 122b 44f3 ad90 140869943ed8  2005051601290201

Planning to start a EMU bird farm any advice from any expert

asked by pauljoseph about 7 years ago

My only expertise is eating emu - had it in South Africa and in Australia. http://www.redoakfarm.com... Here is a web site that talks about emu farming. Pauljoseph, knowing you is an adventure!

innoabrd

Wonder how much difference in the farming of ostrich and emu. I've never run across emu meat here (I live in South Africa), but lots of ostrich. I wonder if one is easier and more profitable than the other?

Ratites can be dangerous, so be extremely careful. I'd guess emu would be at least somewhat safer than ostrich since they are smaller.

a Whole Foods Market Customer

If memory serves, there used to be an emu farm in Kent County, MD. It may have been before it's time. And I've eaten jerk emu sandwich in Salisbury, so there may be an emu farm there.

CazHill

You will find some folks personal experiences with raising emus here:

http://www.backyardchickens...

Have fun!

Panfusine

Never a dull pickle with Pauljoseph! what are Emu's used for anyways? I know ostriches are farmed for meat & eggs, is it the same with Emu?

pauljoseph

Panfusine Emu - a best business opportunity in Tamilnadu Are from Tamil Nadu?