🔕 🔔

help! I need a quick simple sauce to go with rainbow trout!

asked by @RuthHayter almost 7 years ago

Make a simple brown butter sauce in the same pan you cook the trout.
Heat 6 tbsps butter in the skillet over medium heat until it turns a light brown. Add 2 tbsps. chopped sage, 1 tbsp. sherry or white wine vinegar, 1 tbsp. lemon juice. Whisk to emulsify being sure to scrape up any pieces of trout. Season to taste with salt and pepper and pour over fish.

If you have slivered almonds, they are also a great addition.

I"m a big fan of chimichuri sauce on fish. It would work well with trout, fried or grilled.

But,for smoked trout: sourcream and horseradish sauce, or a aiello horseradish sauce goes well with the smokey flavor of the trout.