🔕 🔔

Pot stickers/dumplings?

I was at the store and saw both pot sticker wrappers and dumpling wrappers. Can someone tell me what the difference is between the two?
I was going to make dumplings stuffed with a mixture of goat cheese and sweet potato-and so I got the dumpling wrappers, but I don't know if there's any difference?
Thanks!

asked by skittle over 6 years ago

3162c11b e070 4795 95d1 fd9492a6b582  lulusleep

If they are different brands, they could be the same thing. If one brand has both pot sticker and dumpling wrappers, the pot sticker wrappers may be thicker so it can stand up better being pan fried instead of being boiled. What you want to get may depend on how you plan to cook your dumplings.

They were actually the same brand...and the same price as well.
Thank you for the explanation!

9415f039 d6dc 487a 8dce 9ff4e97bf9ae  emiko davies new portrait

I used to live in China for many years and not sure how it is where you are but over there, it's the same thing (note that wonton skins are different though! They're thinner, square and made with egg). Pot stickers and boiled dumplings are the same, just different cooking technique!