I recently saw an episode of Jamie Oliver where he created a stovetop smoker using a cracker box and wood shavings. Then, the other night, a friend gave me a mesquite log. I talked about using it in my oven and he warned not to use it indoors, as it releases carbon monoxide. Now I am paranoid about burning wood indoors and wonder what is and isn't poisonous.
Hi there! Create a Food52 account to save your favorite recipes, features, and Shop finds.
Join the party—there'll be cake.
Already have an account?Log In
Hey, you! Welcome back.
Don't have an account?Sign Up
Enter your email below and we'll send you instructions on how to reset your password
Get the recipes and features that have us talking, plus first dibs on events and limited-batch products.
(Oh, and $10 off your order of $50 or more in the Food52 Shop, too.)