🔕 🔔

A question about seltzer and club soda.

Is there any difference between the two?

asked by mrslarkin over 6 years ago

80cc9648 9cfe 4049 92f3 f6fef0f3a439  fb avatar

club soda usually has sodium added, while seltzer is usually just CO2 carbinated.

445e20c3 ae7c 4384 a5f7 c63a3b70db4d  img 2825

Exactly right.

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

Club soda has sodium bicarbonate which (in my personal opinion) gives the bubbles a harder stinging fizz, Seltzer merely has carbon dioxide dissolved into water under pressure, which bubbles out when you open the bottle.
You can make out a slight difference in taste when you leave a bottle of each open to go flat.

I can taste the sodium in club soda and prefer seltzer. I lived in Toronto for awhile and at the time it was hard to find seltzer, except in speciality stores, and I bought all of the equipment to make my own!!

9ef8cbfc c936 4992 b2ea c2466ec1cccd  adg specialists pictures 215
gt9

spot on answers...for a refreshing hot weather drink try a "sonic"...half soda half tonic with a lime! mmmm!

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

Here's a bit about making DIY mineral waters with the sodastream. I've tried some of the suggestions just a light touch of baking soda, and salt, and a few flakes of Epsom salt.
And it did give a nice fuller flavor like you'd find in bottled mineral waters.

http://blog.khymos.org...

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

You can, in a pinch, substitute one for the other, but club soda as jwolfsthal said, does have some sodium added