🔕 🔔

Australian recipe calls for "lamb filet." What is that in American? Interwebs no real help, very confusing. Neck? Expensive steak?

asked by wodtke over 6 years ago

Anything in a lamb is going to be tender. As for the filet, look for the most tender of the tender. Tenderloin, for example.

72b8c92f c97c 49cf 8fc2 4b08462521f6  me

I am guessing they are talking lamb loin, which would be a deboned rack then you could cut it into medallions that look like small fillets.

I have a drop dead recipe that deconstructs the rack. First you separate the ribs and devil them, then grill them and serve them up with a dipping sauce. Then you make filets of the tenderloin and sear them off and sauce them with Marchand de Vin. ooooooooooh. now I'm hungry!