🔕 🔔

Any reason behind why there are no prizes from william sonoma discussed for the contests?

Personally, I prefer not having to know what the prize is. it avoids the temptation of posting multiple recipes with the prize in view. but of late, it seems that the Williams Sonoma name itself has been dropped.

asked by Panfusine over 6 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Good eye, panfusion. Looks to me like WS is no longer a sponsor.

Ddd52943 cdf0 4edb a2d4 73aa286607f0  399571 2853636453848 1694221275 n

This is funny, but I never consider the prize. I participate for the joy of sharing.

Gosh, I'm with TiggyBee. The joy is in the sharing. The prize, well, priceless and I suppose nameless.

Seriously, does anyone post anything because of the possible prize?!?

Or am I just terribly naive? This is truly a profound thread.

At the same time, the home page lists prizes from Viking, Oxo, Tiny Prints. And I recently received 2 WS gift cards for having been a finalist twice. Besides that, the question remains: do we submit for the joy of sharing or for the competition for a specified prize? The surprise of having received a couple of gift cards is pale in comparison to having been selected as a finalist from among some very stiff and honorable entries.

Cooks love sharing but prizes ROCK!

53573b8d 4bf0 4ffd 843d b2e617cfeb6b  dscn3274
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I received an e-mail from Amanda and Merrill yesterday stating that a prize from WS would be forthcoming...I never look to the prize before entering though.

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

Of course it is definitely a delight opening a box bearing gifts. Just received a package from Whole foods yesterday and even more than me, it was my five year old who was delighted beyond words. He kept running off with my Pasta rakes!

766e7ce3 8394 4788 8337 bbd8a8d3a07e  5.15.11 coconut macaroons best sm

I agree that the fun is really in the sharing. Prizes are cool too, of course, but I'd still enter recipes even if there wasn't a prize. There's no prize for writing my blog, and yet I continue to shout gluten-free recipes out to the internet!

2269774e 64e7 47ec 8fb3 d6fb03cce199  debbykalk photo

I never in a zillion years expected to be rewarded for participating in FoodPickle but was delighted to win a great frying pan from Viking. I now have personal experience with how these prizes are great marketing for these companies. I don't think I'd have thought much about a Viking product before but now I am a fan. I also would have gotten something cheaper and less substantial but now I can see how this level of superior pan produces superior results. I think it's really smart of these companies to seed the market for their wares by getting us foodies to become enthusiastic users.

E56c06da dac4 48cf 8040 8ed011cd4cbd  avatar 540 white
Food52

This is from your friendly editors at Food52.

Hi everyone -- please help us out by sending any questions or concerns about food52 to [email protected], instead of posting them here. We designed foodpickle as a place for questions about food and cooking to be answered quickly -- but lately, we've seen it veer off course with conversations about food52's inner workings. This is confusing to new visitors and, worst of all, some urgent pickles have been buried before they can get an answer -- that's no good! Thanks for understanding and for helping us keep foodpickle doing what it does best.