Any reason behind why there are no prizes from william sonoma discussed for the contests?

Personally, I prefer not having to know what the prize is. it avoids the temptation of posting multiple recipes with the prize in view. but of late, it seems that the Williams Sonoma name itself has been dropped.

hardlikearmour June 16, 2011

Good eye, panfusion. Looks to me like WS is no longer a sponsor.

TiggyBee
TiggyBee June 16, 2011

This is funny, but I never consider the prize. I participate for the joy of sharing.

boulangere June 16, 2011

Gosh, I'm with TiggyBee. The joy is in the sharing. The prize, well, priceless and I suppose nameless.

boulangere June 16, 2011

Seriously, does anyone post anything because of the possible prize?!?

boulangere June 16, 2011

Or am I just terribly naive? This is truly a profound thread.

boulangere June 16, 2011

At the same time, the home page lists prizes from Viking, Oxo, Tiny Prints. And I recently received 2 WS gift cards for having been a finalist twice. Besides that, the question remains: do we submit for the joy of sharing or for the competition for a specified prize? The surprise of having received a couple of gift cards is pale in comparison to having been selected as a finalist from among some very stiff and honorable entries.

nutcakes
nutcakes June 16, 2011

Cooks love sharing but prizes ROCK!

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen June 16, 2011

I received an e-mail from Amanda and Merrill yesterday stating that a prize from WS would be forthcoming...I never look to the prize before entering though.

Panfusine
Panfusine June 16, 2011

Of course it is definitely a delight opening a box bearing gifts. Just received a package from Whole foods yesterday and even more than me, it was my five year old who was delighted beyond words. He kept running off with my Pasta rakes!

beyondcelery
beyondcelery June 16, 2011

I agree that the fun is really in the sharing. Prizes are cool too, of course, but I'd still enter recipes even if there wasn't a prize. There's no prize for writing my blog, and yet I continue to shout gluten-free recipes out to the internet!

latoscana
latoscana June 16, 2011

I never in a zillion years expected to be rewarded for participating in FoodPickle but was delighted to win a great frying pan from Viking. I now have personal experience with how these prizes are great marketing for these companies. I don't think I'd have thought much about a Viking product before but now I am a fan. I also would have gotten something cheaper and less substantial but now I can see how this level of superior pan produces superior results. I think it's really smart of these companies to seed the market for their wares by getting us foodies to become enthusiastic users.

Food52
Food52 June 16, 2011

Hi everyone -- please help us out by sending any questions or concerns about food52 to [email protected], instead of posting them here. We designed foodpickle as a place for questions about food and cooking to be answered quickly -- but lately, we've seen it veer off course with conversations about food52's inner workings. This is confusing to new visitors and, worst of all, some urgent pickles have been buried before they can get an answer -- that's no good! Thanks for understanding and for helping us keep foodpickle doing what it does best.