🔕 🔔

How can I keep my souffles from shrinking once they are out of the oven? They rise beautifully but, if not eaten immediately they loose some of their height and look unattractive.

asked by DianneD almost 7 years ago

Ddd52943 cdf0 4edb a2d4 73aa286607f0  399571 2853636453848 1694221275 n

The reason is because the bubbles in the egg whites heat shrink when they are cooled. It's a normal process, heat expands them, cold shrinks. However, they will live to rise again, if simply reheated. Hope this helps!!

F7d54c11 5dc4 47e5 bd9d 478fbe5d5efa  ooh

That's the nature of souffles, in my experience. It's part of their allure.

95faff30 cc53 4c8e 8c8d 9b770dc26f9e  dscf2141

I've seen some recipes include Cream of Tartar with the Egg whites, or using a copper bowl. This should help with height a little bit.