🔕 🔔

is there any way to keep a souffle' from collapsing after it is removed from the oven?

asked by ChasN almost 7 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

Nope. They deflate. The goal should be to have it happen after you get it to the table. Check out this article by Mark Bittman: http://www.nytimes.com...

Well now, see, I would say YES! Serve the sucker immediately! Once you stick the spoon into it, down it goes, and it's meant to.;)

I always counsel my students not to tell their diners that souffle is on the menu. That way, if it should collapse before serving, you can always call it "pudding," or "fondue" and no one is the wiser...

767d528e d828 43e0 a3a5 1748a16a305b  louise avatar

No, I don't think you can, but you can prepare the dishes ahead. Make the souffle mixture, put into the dish or dishes, and then you can hold at that stage for up to 24 hours if you refrigerate them. Then bake slightly longer if its come from the fridge. Should bake up just as well as if made immediately before.

Fff96a46 7810 4f5c a452 83604ac1e363  dsc03010