Why does black forbidden rice have 1.5 grams of fat in it? What produces the fat?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 7 years ago

Any whole grain rice that hasn't had its germ layer removed through processing has a small amount of fat -- but that's also where lots of good nutrients are stored, so I wouldn't worry about it!

Think wheat germ, same principle. When the seed sprouts (wheat and rice are seeds), it uses the fat and the substantial dose of nutrition in the germ to grow the new plant. These are "good" fats, and just part of the package.