🔕 🔔

How do I cook sprouted brown rice in a rice cooker?

I got a bag of Trader Joe's Sprouted Rice, which is a blend of sprouted brown rice with a bit of black and red rice. I have cooked brown and even black rice in my rice cooker before to great success, but I have never cooked sprouted brown rice. The suggested cook time on the bag is 30 minutes, which is between the times for brown and white rice. My cooker has only four options:
* White Rice
* Brown rice
* Steam cook
* Delay timer (which soaks the rice until cooking

Any suggestions? I would rather not use a pot on the stove.

asked by Dea Henrich over 2 years ago

88afa98e fd9c 4e61 af72 03658638b6cb  eight ball 600px

I'd just use the brown rice setting and pull the plug a little early after you've tasted the rice for doneness.

923a5e35 cc67 4f82 b4e5 024184d94660  open uri20141030 6777 167tand

Thanks. I will give that a try.

I agree with cv. I sprout my own beans (never thought to sprout rice) and the beans cook much quicker. Just be sure to keep your eye on it.