🔕 🔔

How to store lard

I have 9 pounds of leaf lard, its refrigerated at the moment but am afraid it won't keep for an extended period of time. Can it be frozen? Will it stay fresh and will freezing alter it in any way?

asked about 6 years ago

I always keep my leaf lard in the freezer. It stores well as long as you wrap it tightly in plastic and/or foil so it doesn't pick up any other flavors.

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

Thanks Heritagecook, the lard came in 1 lb plastic containers and each container is sealed in plastic so it should be safe. Thanks I would be upset if all that lard went bad.