🔕 🔔

Freezing curry leaves

I made a big batch of Nicholas's A Simple Home Coconut-y Red Lentil Dal and did find an Indian grocery store with fresh curry leaves. I have quite a few left over and know that you can freeze them. Is there a special way to do this? Should they be frozen washed and dried? In water? Thanks!

asked by erinbdm almost 4 years ago

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

I just put mine in the freezer in a little plastic bag and take them out as needed. Seems to work.

Thanks Chris! I'll just pop them in the freezer then!

I either put mine straight in the freezer or you can dry them in the microwave. Put them on a sheet of kitchen tissue and give them three consecutive 20 second blasts on highest setting. Also works for bay, sage and rosemary!