What are quick meals for athletes who are vegetarians?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 7 years ago

Hummusit

How quick is quick? Is mejadara (rice & lentils), e.g., quick enough? Are you looking for more protein or more carbs?

nogaga

A Spanish tortilla, with potatoes and greens! Super easy to make, super nutritious, and veggie to boot! Here is one great example: http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Bevi

Any quinoa salad is good. There is a nice selection on the food52 site.

Any combination of rice and beans will give you complete protein without animal products. And they are easy to make taste great with various condiments, herbs and spices.

Here's Matt Frazier's blog, and I think he can answer all your questions -- and has some tasty recipes. http://www.nomeatathlete.com/