🔕 🔔

Can you freeze cold soup, or how long will it stay in fridge?

storage of cold soup

asked by sheredel about 6 years ago

0dcfb05c 8a90 480f 8cf7 cbc33e9a6b5c  me

It depends on what kind of soup it is. I have had success freezing most soups, cold or hot, if they are vegetable or broth based. I would imagine the texture of a dairy soup might be affected by freezing.

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

Depends on the soup! But in general I start to look sideways at something after day 3 ... even sooner if seafood or dairy are involved. Remember - when in doubt throw it out ... potential consequences are not worth it.

F74e20ae 3da8 46eb b05e 76ef17741370  img 0777 2

should have said, fruit based cold soup! freezing an option?