Can you freeze cold soup, or how long will it stay in fridge?

storage of cold soup

asked by sheredel over 7 years ago

wssmom

It depends on what kind of soup it is. I have had success freezing most soups, cold or hot, if they are vegetable or broth based. I would imagine the texture of a dairy soup might be affected by freezing.

Depends on the soup! But in general I start to look sideways at something after day 3 ... even sooner if seafood or dairy are involved. Remember - when in doubt throw it out ... potential consequences are not worth it.

sheredel

should have said, fruit based cold soup! freezing an option?