A question about a recipe: Shrimp and Chorizo Sandwich

28f4bec4 8a62 4daf a16a 9721c66caf15  9877 shrimp and chorizo sandwich

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Shrimp and Chorizo Sandwich" from azminad. It says:

"Meanwhile, cut the chorizo -- I like to cut it into quarters lengthwise, and then crosswise into 1/8-inch slices."

We don't eat pork. If I don't use Chorizo, would it make a difference in the taste?

asked by azminad about 7 years ago

Yes, it'll be a different sandwich w/o the chorizo. You could potentially use a pre-cooked chicken or turkey based andouille sausage instead to mimic the spiciness of the chorizo.

The sandwich won't be a failure without the chorizo -- it'll just be a shrimp salad sandwich, and what's wrong with that! But if you'd like to add another meat, I would do as hardlikearmour suggests and fold in some chicken or turkey sausage.

Gale

I love this combination, but one time when I did not have the chorizo I added some smoked Sp paprika (hot) to the mayonaisse and got the flavor (but not the texture). It really was OK.

azminad

Thank you all for your feedback and suggestions!! :))