Where can I purchase quality elk in Seattle or somewhere?

Just read Perennial Plate's recipe for elk pastrami and I want, want, want to make this. The hunters in my family haven't gotten elk tags in a long time. Where can I purchase some great elk?

asked by SKK about 7 years ago

OK, trying to answer my own question I googled and came up with two places that ship elk, one in Colorado and one in Wyoming. So I will now post another question.

beyondcelery

I know that A & J Meats & Seafood on Queen Anne has a good reputation:
http://www.yelp.com/biz...

I've heard they sometimes carry the more exotic meats: elk, emu, etc. (Though I haven't tested this myself.) It's worth a phone call!

Thank you, syronai! I live on Magnolia so this is great to know.

beyondcelery

Magnolia? Oh man, we should hang sometime. I'm in Ravenna. =)

@syronai - sounds great!