Is plain pasta, mixed with Pesto a side dish I can serve?

asked by @kiran_parekh over 7 years ago

veghead

Of course! If the pesto is a little thick, add a bit of pasta water. Top with some fresh grated parm.

Of course. It can be served as a main dish also - there are so many ways to make pesto. Walnuts instead of pine nuts, parsley instead of basil ... the options are endless.

nogaga

Definitely! It might be especially delicious next to a main dish of fish ;)

SouffleBombay

Yes, jazz it up with some roasted tomatoes or roasted pine nuts, if you have the time...the tomaotes will make the color wonderful!

...and other vegetables can be added, like broccoli, green beans, yellow squash... on top of all the excellent answers already given. Spread that good pesto around!

Bevi

Absolutely! If you want to turn it into a second main, or for some other time, add prosciutto fried up like bacon, and fresh peas. Top with grated parmesan. Delicious!