Lemons preserved in salt going brown

We made a huge jar of Moroccan style lemons a couple of years ago & although they have no mould or other visible problems, they've now turned brown. Are they too old to use?

asked by Lisa Hyde-Mills over 7 years ago

nogaga

Probably not. They are probably just losing their colour and begining to break down in the salt. I'd try to use them up, though my guess is that they're fine. Are they refridgerated?

healthierkitchen

A couple of years might be on the long side to keep them around. Are they completely mushy?

Lisa Hyde-Mills

No they're not all mushy the skin has kept it's structure but very soft.