🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Raspberry Acetosa Mojito

06c858a1 87a8 476b 831b 0d19e3ec9168  071911 42

Wonder if more rasberry taste would not be extracted by cooking them with the sugar and water and then strain?

asked by Andreadoria56 over 6 years ago

I actually think the raw freshness of the raspberries pureed is part of the lightness of the cocktail. Instead of a rich, jam-y taste, you get a right-off-the-bush tang that comes from not cooking the life out of the berries, I believe.

32e77387 44bd 433e 8be5 146e74630f04  moslerpingvin

Thank you - that may well be it, but there is one way to find out, right? Try both methods!

9415f039 d6dc 487a 8dce 9ff4e97bf9ae  emiko davies new portrait

I agree that the freshness of the un-cooked raspberries is really a highlight of this syrup base! Consider also that you add the fresh raspberries to hot sugar-syrup so while it doesn't actually "cook" I believe the flavour is really brought out by hitting the raspberries with the hot syrup. If you are considering experimenting with cooking them, I would still add the vinegar after you take it off the heat. Hope that helps!