🔕 🔔

Gluten free tuiles?

I having some friends over for dinner on Saturday and 2 are GF. My vision for dessert is homemade spumoni with some tuiles. I'm sure either of them would be happy eating the ice cream, but if there's a way I could make the tuiles GF, I'd like to try--especially since there's so little flour in tuiles in the first place. I don't want a big thick clunky cookie--I like the idea of something light and crispy. Could I just grind up some oats or use rice flour?

asked by emadethis over 6 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

The tuiles recipe I have uses 2 cups almond flour and 1 cup AP flour, I'm sure you could substitute rice flour. You have to be careful with oats as I have heard not all oats are gluten free. Maybe some of our GF experts will weigh, but I think rice flour would be good.

I found this recipe in food and wine, it only uses 1/3 cup flour and the rest almond very light, buttery and crispy.
http://www.foodandwine...

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

I found this on the site -- it uses oats, so they would have to be gluten free, available from Bob's Red Mill.