I'm not really sure how to store my ice cream.

I recently got an ice cream maker as a gift and am not sure how to store it. I have a long, shallow, glass tupperware container that would hold all of it, but I feel like glass doesn't do well in the freezer? Is that true? Would plastic do just as well? It in plastic now and I feel like the ice cream is exceptionally hard, but i'm not sure if that's just how homemade ice cream keeps.

asked by Miss Frizzle over 4 years ago

I would store it in plastic. Most ice cream, both homemade & commercially produced, can be really hard when first taken out of the freezer. I usually nuke my ice cream in the microwave for about 15 seconds to soften it up. You can also leave it on the counter for about 30 minutes prior to consuming to soften it up.

You can also make use Jeni Britton Bauer's recipe for ice cream. She developed her specific recipe so that it would be creamy and scoopable straight from the freezer. Here's the link, on this site,
http://food52.com/blog...

Mi Budare

I can't answer your question, but I would like to share with you a little trick to increase the shelf life of your ice cream. Always put plastic wrap right on top of the surface before you place the lid.