🔕 🔔

What do you store your homemade ice cream in?

asked by LBurt about 7 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I use OXO Good Grips polypropolene storage containers. They seal well and the ice cream stays fresh (although I must admit that it doesn't last long in my freezer).

Ddd52943 cdf0 4edb a2d4 73aa286607f0  399571 2853636453848 1694221275 n

Sweet Bliss sells the best containers for homemade ice cream. They really keep the ice cream at the right consistency and I find that it's never gets too hard and keeps the ice crystals from forming. I think it's sweetbliss.com

Cd0693b7 0bf7 4180 a618 7c734e0ac60b  320 photomoss 028

Thanks, it's actually http://www.sweetblisscontainers... in case anyone else is looking. Those look great, especially if you want to share....but I'm pretty greedy with mine ;)

2fc558a8 bd7d 4d57 9ed4 e14a7fcea429  fb avatar

I use the quart containers my yogurt comes in. We go through the home made stuff pretty quickly, so I don't have a problem with flavors leaking in, or with ice crystals. When I have to store it longer (couple weeks tops), I press saran, parchment or waxed paper over the ice cream to keep crystals from forming.