What do you store your homemade ice cream in?

asked by LBurt over 7 years ago

I use OXO Good Grips polypropolene storage containers. They seal well and the ice cream stays fresh (although I must admit that it doesn't last long in my freezer).

TiggyBee

Sweet Bliss sells the best containers for homemade ice cream. They really keep the ice cream at the right consistency and I find that it's never gets too hard and keeps the ice crystals from forming. I think it's sweetbliss.com

LBurt

Thanks, it's actually http://www.sweetblisscontainers... in case anyone else is looking. Those look great, especially if you want to share....but I'm pretty greedy with mine ;)

Savorykitchen

I use the quart containers my yogurt comes in. We go through the home made stuff pretty quickly, so I don't have a problem with flavors leaking in, or with ice crystals. When I have to store it longer (couple weeks tops), I press saran, parchment or waxed paper over the ice cream to keep crystals from forming.