How to cut steak for sandwiches

What's the best way to slice ribeye steak for sandwiches?

asked by linzarella over 7 years ago

a Whole Foods Market Customer

in Philly, we use the delui slicer to make paper thin steaks, but who of us have a deli slicer in the home?

after grilling or broiling the steak slice it at a very high bias (diagonal) across the short demension of the steak. the thiner the better.

good luck and don't forget the whiz!

Very thinly on the bias, as in slant your very sharp knife on an accute angle.

PIIHA

If you are talking about Philly Cheese Steak type sandwiches, put the raw meat in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to firm it up, then using a sharp knife (or slicing knife), you can slice it very thinly.

seabirdskitchen

Slicing before cooking is a whole lot easier than after. The freezer idea from PIIHA rocks!