Skirt steak

Would skirt steak work as a good option for a Philly cheese steak sandwich? I know it's supposed to be top round or sirloin, but I found a good deal for skirt steak last week and bought it. If it won't work, any other suggestions for what I could do with it? I'd prefer something like a sandwich or a salad or even like a taco. Thanks!

asked by WannabeBaker over 6 years ago

KateMonteiro

Skirt steak can be a little tough for a Philly cheese steak. I like to serve it with a
Chimichichurri sauce garlic cilantro lime juice
Olive oil etc. delicious. It can be placed on a bead of greens and the sauce as a type of dressing

Korean barbecue tacos. I have a recipe posted for "Mysteries of Koreatown" which can be adapted to skirt steak easily.