Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

Skirt steak

Would skirt steak work as a good option for a Philly cheese steak sandwich? I know it's supposed to be top round or sirloin, but I found a good deal for skirt steak last week and bought it. If it won't work, any other suggestions for what I could do with it? I'd prefer something like a sandwich or a salad or even like a taco. Thanks!

asked by WannabeBaker about 5 years ago

Skirt steak can be a little tough for a Philly cheese steak. I like to serve it with a
Chimichichurri sauce garlic cilantro lime juice
Olive oil etc. delicious. It can be placed on a bead of greens and the sauce as a type of dressing

401c5804 f611 451f a157 c693981d8eef  mad cow deux

Korean barbecue tacos. I have a recipe posted for "Mysteries of Koreatown" which can be adapted to skirt steak easily.

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.