What foods lower blood pressure?

susan g August 1, 2011

An important factor in maintaining healthy blood pressure is potassium. Since fruits and vegetables are excellent potassium sources, eat plenty! At the top of my reference list: cooked dried beans, winter squash, leafy greens. The greens are also good sources of calcium and magnesium, also needed to keep blood pressure normal. Garlic? You'll have to make that choice, as there is always controversy on the issue, but I'd say yes! Look at the the DASH diet (http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/public/heart/hbp/dash/new_dash.pdf) -- developed to lower blood pressure, full of good food.

pierino August 1, 2011

Beta blockers.

SKK August 1, 2011

Everything susan g says and meditation and exercise.

Droplet
Droplet August 1, 2011

Foods that are diuretics are also good. They flush extra fluids out of your body and the extra sodium alond the way and thus lower your overall blood pressure. Watermelon is a good example that is in season at this time. Since potassium is also excreted through urine, it is good as Susan g pointed to consume things rich in potassium. Bananas are a rich source.