🔕 🔔

How to prepare Tempeh

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer almost 7 years ago

This links to a good assortment of recipes with tempeh on food52. Tempeh Cookery is a cookbook from The Farm which has lots of good ideas and recipes.
At my house, we usually just pan fry it until browned on both sides (cut so the cake is half as tall, cut to portion size), for sandwiches or nibbling. In Indonesia, the home of tempeh, it's usually marinated in a spiced brine.
If you want to make tempeh yourself it's a specific process, involving skinned and halved dry soybeans, a starter with a specific organism, culturing in cakes... I leave it to the pros.