🔕 🔔

What would go better with pretzel buns - asian marinated tempeh or smoky tempeh?

also adding avocado, greens, and maybe some mushrooms if i can decide on the flavor profile

asked by haley driscoll almost 4 years ago

Wholefoods user icon

Smoky for sure!!! But hey, you can do whatever the heck you want. That is one of the things I love about cooking my own food. Shrooms would go great with either flavor profile, too. You can never have too much umami, right?

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

haley, 'pretzel' = Salty for me. And I think bright acid flavors play off salt better than smoky flavors. Assuming your asian marinade has acid- rice vinegar, lime juice...., i would rec the asian tofu choice.