🔕 🔔

Q: Do kale chips store well? I usually eat them right away, but I'd like to make a big batch for the weekend.

asked by @FoodDocent almost 7 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

I think if you dry them really well before roasting (assuming you're roasting them) so that they come out very dry and crackly, as long as it's not terribly humid they'd keep well tightly sealed at room temp for a few days.

95faff30 cc53 4c8e 8c8d 9b770dc26f9e  dscf2141

As someone who has stored them improperly, I can say that drying them very well is key. i would also say that I have the best results when stored in a brown paper bag (but would suggest finishing them in a couple of days tops. Not that hard to finish them.

They never last long enough to store in my house - lol

The drier they are before you roast them is key! I use a salad spinner to really get the water off the leaves I store them in a paper bag. They never last more than a day or two though!

27f75361 d13f 4476 a4e4 1614fbd82c71  fb avatar

Store them in a ziplock bag with a Tbsp or 2 or uncooked rice. Rice is natures dehumidifier. Also keeps salt from getting lumpy in the shaker lol.

I dehydrated my kale chips then stored them in a mason jar sealed with a vacuum sealer. They stayed good for the two weeks they lasted.