🔕 🔔

Powdered sugar tastes off

Ever find that your powdered sugar has a soapy taste and any idea why this would be the case? I;ve noticed it particularly with one brand, but I'm not sure it's brand-specific. Thanks.

asked by ATG117 over 6 years ago

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

Powdered sugars have anti-caking agents. It wouldn't surprise me if they varied enough between brands that you could detect them.

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

Powdered sugar contains cornstarch. Not sure why, but maybe that's the culprit? Curious what the ingredients are in that one particular brand.

i mean not sure why it would taste soapy! cornstarch is anti-caking, like Grenstuff said, making the 10x fluffy and light.