pressure canner

I am looking for a pressure canner (not cooker). Recommendations?

asked by meltingintexas about 7 years ago

I went to this site http://www.pickyourown.org/pressurecanners.htm and read the many reviews and picked the Presto 23 quart pressure canner. (Scroll down and you will find pictures and specs and reviews of each canner). The price is $80+. I do not want a bigger pressure canner because it is too unweildy and heavy.

Good luck!

mainecook61

I've got an All-American 21 quart. It's solid. I like the clamps on the lid. (It works very well, too.) Directions are good. I had a Presto for many years; eventually the bottom warped, but I had a lot of good use out of it, too. I think these two brands, which have been around for a while, are generally well made. No one's put a digital readout on one yet; this technology is much the same as grandma's.

meltingintexas

There are the 2 brands that I have been looking at. Thanks!