🔕 🔔

pressure canner

I am looking for a pressure canner (not cooker). Recommendations?

asked by meltingintexas over 6 years ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

I went to this site http://www.pickyourown... and read the many reviews and picked the Presto 23 quart pressure canner. (Scroll down and you will find pictures and specs and reviews of each canner). The price is $80+. I do not want a bigger pressure canner because it is too unweildy and heavy.

Good luck!

E0cc9d5c 6544 49fb b0e4 5c150d9ac0f7  imag0055

I've got an All-American 21 quart. It's solid. I like the clamps on the lid. (It works very well, too.) Directions are good. I had a Presto for many years; eventually the bottom warped, but I had a lot of good use out of it, too. I think these two brands, which have been around for a while, are generally well made. No one's put a digital readout on one yet; this technology is much the same as grandma's.

There are the 2 brands that I have been looking at. Thanks!