🔕 🔔

How often do you use the delay start on your pressure cooker?

I am looking into buying a pressure cooker to help get meals cooked on nights when I get home late, and I'm wondering how useful those of you that have an electric pressure cooker with this function find it to be. Considering how quickly most foods cook in a pressure cooker, is this function really much of a time saver?

asked by ktr over 1 year ago

Agree the delay-start is probably not a time-SAVER.
But it may help as a time-MANAGER, especially if you don't have much prep time available immediately before cooking.
Or if one cooks and others eat.
This feature allows the cook to prep at convenient time, leave the food in the cooker, go elsewhere or do other things, then have someone or all come home to a cooked meal.
On the other hand, if you don't have this type of household or time pressure, the time-delay would probably be an unnecessary complication.

ktr

Thanks for the response. That is the conclusion I eventually came to. I figure I should have enough time to prep and run the pressure cooker most of the time because of the shortened cooking times, but once you add in the time it takes to come up to pressure I decided it may be a handy feature on occasion.