🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Corn Salad with Cilantro & Caramelized Onions

Fbd604e3 90e0 4ea7 a8c7 96fc0ec02ca9  080911 101

I have a question about the ingredient "slices pancetta" on the recipe "Corn Salad with Cilantro & Caramelized Onions" from Ms. T.
How thick should the pancetta slices be? Can you specify by weight about how much pancetta to use? Thanks so much for taking my question.

asked by jtrueblood over 6 years ago

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

We used three thicker slices (about 1/4-inch thick), and we found that was the perfect amount -- sorry, don't remember the weight!

C1925f5b 917a 4e62 8c98 8ff7031b0b36  food54 profile pic

I usually use thinner slices than the ones Merrill and Amanda used, so I think it just depends on your preference. Sorry, I don't know the weight (I'll pay attention next time I make this and see if I can update the recipe), but I would guess about 6 oz. total.