What's a good recipe using za'atar? Vegetarian please. (:

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer about 7 years ago

a Whole Foods Market Customer

Hi! I made a dish with grilled eggplant that calls for sesame seeds, but you could substitute those with a teaspoon of za'atar onto the hot eggplant since one of the components of that spice mix is sesame seeds. http://boulder.wholefoodsmarketcooking.com/recipes/11456_grilled_eggplant_with_sesame_seeds_castelvetrano_olives_and_orange_balsamic_vinegar
Also, you could get a good quality olive oil and sprinkle za'atar in a small dish with the oil and use as a dip for pita bread.

If eggs okay with you. It's good on fried eggs.
I mix it with some lemon juice, olive oil and parsley and spread on flat bread like pita.

davidpdx

We use it to season veggies (eggplant, summer squash, zucchini) prior to grilling. I suspect it would be good, too, on roasted potatoes.

Here are the recipes on the site. (not all vegetarian. potatoes are fab.)